One of the best things I have ever done was to start a blog. This blog has opened up so many opportunities to me. Please read below if you want to start a blog of your own, and change your life.
*Post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission when you purchase something using the links in the post*
Have you always been interested in just how does someone start a blog, and actually make money from it? Do you feel like you have what it takes to succeed in an online business? Do you have knowledge that you are compelled to share with the world?
Starting a blog can seem like a onerous task. You may not know where to begin especially if you are not a technophile.
The good thing is, is that anyone can create a blog and make money from it if they want to. Just look at the sites
- the busy budgeter- around 86,000 a month
- start a mom blog- 53,000 a month
- making sense of cents- 131,000 a month
- believe in a budget- 19,000 a month
These bloggers started out JUST LIKE YOU. They were able to grow their blogs into full time business, and make a great living off of them just by helping their readers, and being consistent.
If they can do it so can you. Just imagine where you could be in a year if you started today!!!
My guide will show you step by step exactly how to set up and start a blog of your own, the easy way in just 10 minutes!
Use my special link to get hosting for only 3.95 a month. Plus as a special
- if you sign up with a hosting plan using one of the links on this page you will get a personalized blog overview 60 days after purchase as well as and
- a guest post in your second month of blogging where you can showcase yourself, your blog, and links and social share to your blog and favorite post.
(Blog overview will include a full sheet of observations on what you are doing well, and at least three specific actionable places where you can improve your blog as well.)
(Just send me an email @ email@example.com with the email you used to purchase your hosting plan, and the name of your blog)
FIND YOUR NICHE
There are the many questions that can help you find out what you should write about.
- You What are you passionate about?
- What can you talk about for hours without getting bored?
- What do you have enough know enough about to be able to create detailed informative post?
- Is there a need for more information on this topic?
- Do you know different products out there to help with this topic, or can you think of so,etching you can make that would help?
- Can your topic be monetized? To have a money making blog you need to be able to monetize your niche.
Your brand niche can change and evolve as you grow, but finding a good niche can help to grow your brand faster then if you just write about anything, and everything.
CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME
Once you have found your niche you can concentrate on the fun part. It is time to choose a name for your site, and brand.
Start a list of possible names for your site. You can have your site name include your niche keyword, or even just use your name. As a rule of thumb though try to make your domain name short, simple, and easy to spell.
Try to take your time with this, and really come up,with something you love.
Alright now that you have determined your niche, and came up with the perfect domain name it is time to start your site.
1. CHOOSE A HOSTING PLATFORM
The first things you need to do once you know what you want to blog about is head over to SiteGround, and pick your hosting plan. There are a lot of different hosting sites out there, but SiteGround is easily the best. I originally started out with a different provider, but wanted something better. I decided to switch to SiteGround, and it has been my best decision yet. They have great customer service, and I have never had a problem getting help with my site.
You have three different hosting plans available to choose from
Get 60% off any size hosting plan through my link here.
- StartUp – . The start up plan is only $3.95mo which is cheaper then a single Starbucks run. This is a great choice if you are a brand new blogger with no experience. You get hosting for one website with up to 10gb of web space. This plan is suitable for up to 10,000 monthly views, and is perfect if you are starting a new blog.
- GrowBig – GrowBig gives you more web space, and possible sites. You may host multiple websites with this one plan! GrowBig is suitable for up to 25,000 monthly visits which is perfect if you are starting a blog, and already have a good size social media following, or have already started an email list.
- GoGeek – GoGeek is for a bigger site, or a site you think may grow big quickly. You will get the ability to host multiple sites, have 30gb of web space, and optimization for up to 100,000 monthly visitors. You also get premium features such as being on a server with fewer accounts for blazing fast speeds, and WordPress staging.
2. CHOOSE A BLOGGING PLATFORM
SiteGround also works really well with WordPress. WordPress is a really awesome blog publishing platform. WordPress is the biggest blogging platform, and has so many themes and plugins that you can customize your blog however you want.
Once you purchase your hosting go to
- My Account
- Click on Go to cPanel
- In the autoinstaller section click on WordPress
- Click the blue install button
- Fill out the information on the next screen then click install and you are done.
- Now you can go ahead an log in with your user name and password.
See it is not to hard! Now you have a blog, and can start to make money and change your life.
3. WRITE QUALITY CONTENT AND BE CONSISTENT
Start writing. The biggest rule of blogging for money is to be consistent.
- Make sure to put out quality content that helps your readers.
- write a little bit every day. You do not have to put out a post everyday, but by practicing writing everyday you will continuously get better.
- Promote your blog and post on social media (Pinterest is great for this)
- Continue to be your awesome self
(Remember if you purchase hosting through my links on this page to start a blog: email me so that you can get help growing you blog.)
Leave a comment below with the URL of your new blog so that others can read it, and check out your awesomeness as well!!!